Many traditional publishers make submissions an extremely complicated process. There is a rationale behind this, of course. Partly it is to restrict the flow of manuscripts, limiting the numbers to those who are persistent enough, and polished enough, to comply.
Our process is relatively straightforward:
1. At this stage we will not be considering children’s books, poetry, or non-fiction.
2. We are looking for general fiction manuscripts of between 60,000 and 120,000 words.
3. We will consider paranormal and fantasy, but please don’t send us stories about vampires. It’s been done to death (so to speak).
4. We are interested in stories which are character-driven or plot-driven. Page turners, with good plots and interesting characters that keep the reader interested.
If you think your story qualifies here, please email us the following:
1. A short synopsis (including the resolution of the ending) in the body of the email;
2. A paragraph about yourself and what experience you have in writing, or what courses you have been to about writing, in the body of the email; and,
3. The first thirty to forty pages (taking in the full chapter) in a Word (doc or docx) file attached to the email.
We will provide you with a response within four weeks.
Please email your submissions to: